Tour To Machu Picchu With Vistadome Train 2D/1N
Relax as you take in the unmatched and mesmerizing panoramic train journey. You pass through the ancient towns of the Incas on your 3.5-hour journey from Cusco (Poroy Train Station) to Aguas Calientes. Travel in style through the Andean meadows nestled amongst the high snow-capped peaks, the deep river valleys and hillsides covered with tiers of ancient Inca farming terraces. Your journey takes you from the ridges of high mountains down to sub-tropical jungle near the Amazon, and then up to Aguas Calientes. Enjoy the picturesque town in the afternoon as you anticipate your visit the next morning to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Machu Picchu!
Transported by shuttle bus at 5:30am, in time to enjoy the sunrise, you will begin your connection to the natural world and majestic citadel of Machu Picchu (2,400m/7907ft). Find yourself mesmerized as you travel back in time at this magical place, the sacred and mysterious Machu Picchu Citadel, “The Old Sacred Mountain.” Take your time exploring Machu Picchu, the Incan ruins rich in history of its past and the thriving culture of the people who once resided there.
Explore Machu Picchu in 1 day and enjoy the Vistadome train ride with amazing vistas!
Day 1: CUSCO – AGUAS CALIENTES
Wake up early for a new day of adventure on your way to see the majestic Machu Picchu. We pick you up at your hotel at 6:30am and then drive in our private van towards the Poroy Train Station to for your train departing at 7:35am. Travel through the Andean meadows nestled amongst high, white glacial peaks. Deep in the narrow river valleys, you will see tiers of ancient Inca farming terraces, ridged snow capped mountains and sub-tropical jungle as you get nearer to the Amazon. The sacred Vilcanota River will be your companion until your arrival at Aguas Calientes.
Your hotel representative will meet you at the train station at 10:52am to transfer you to your hotel. After settling in your hotel, you can enjoy lunch at your leisure in the numerous restaurants in Aguas Calientes.
You will have the afternoon free to explore Aguas Calientes, relax in the hot springs (10 soles), shop in the handicraft market, have a drink overlooking the river or go to visit the Butterfly Museum or the Machu Picchu Museum (entrance fees). You guide will meet you at your hotel at 7pm for your briefing for your trip to Machu Picchu the next day.
Note: In rainy season from January through April, the train leaves from the Ollantaytambo Train Station. You will be picked up at your hotel at 6:45am for the 8:53am train from Ollantaytambo arriving in Aguas Calientes at 10:29am, where your hotel representative will meet you.
- Accommodations: 3* Ferre´ Hotel Machu Picchu
Day 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
This is the day you have been waiting for! We take the early bus up to the Machu Picchu Citadel, arriving in time for the sunrise over this incredible Inca city, built to blend in perfectly with the natural formations of the mountains. Your guide will take you through this New 7 Wonder of the World site. On your 2 hours private tour, your guide will explain the most current accepted theories of the historic and cultural significance of Machu Picchu. Then you will have a little time to take more photos and enjoy just being at Machu Picchu, until the end of your session time.
You may wish to indulge in a few of the following activities (not included in the price)
- Climb up Huayna Picchu and appreciate the beauty and magnificence of Machu Picchu ($75 must be booked in advance)
After your time to enjoy Machu Picchu, you will descend to Aguas Calientes around noon. You can take in a leisurely lunch and explore the Aguas Calientes handicraft market. Your Vistadome train departs at in the afternoon for the return trip to Cusco stopping at the Ollantaytambo or Poroy Train Station depending on the availability of train tickets and times. After arrival at either train station, you will be driven back to your Cusco hotel in our private van, arriving between 8pm to 10pm depending on your train time.
- Meals included: breakfast at your hotel
***The Huayna Picchu Mountain Hike depends on availability, let us know about it at your booking time.
***During rainy season, January to May train only runs to Ollantaytambo. Passengers will be transferred by van to Cusco)
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Transfer at 6:30am from your hotel to Poroy Train Station by private van
- Round-trip Vistadome train ticket from Poroy to Aguas Calientes – from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo or Poroy) (Except from January through April the Vistadome only runs from the Ollantaytambo station)
- Round-trip shuttle bus tickets Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Admission ticket for Machu Picchu Citadel
- Guided tour in English approximately 2 hours
- Small group from 2 to 8 people with an experienced English and Spanish speaking guide
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Climbing Huayna Picchu $75
- Meals and drinks as indicated in your itinerary
- Tips for your guide
The Machu Picchu Tour is available on any date that is best for you, as long as we have a minimum of 2 people!
- $457 USD per person with 1 night hotel
- $432 USD per person without hotel
- Private service is available for $100 USD more per person.
- All entrance fees are included and we operate our tours in small groups averaging 4 persons with a maximum of 8!
- Huayna Picchu Climb:$75 USD. This will need to be booked in advance, let us know about it at the time of booking.
- Upgraded Hotel – to 4 or 5 star, prices vary
- Single Supplement: for single travelers $40 USD
- 18 to 25 years old: $30 USD. Information required on student card: name of university, student name, photo of student, expiration date etc. A copy of the card is required at booking for government approval for discount.
- Under 18 years old: $30 USD. Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Under 11 years old: $40 USD. Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Group of 5 people or more: $30 USD. All you need to do is book the trek together at the same time.
ARRIVAL IN CUSCO
You will be welcomed at Cusco airport and taken to your hotel, please ensure that you inform us of your full flight details at least 14 days prior to your trek. Look out for our representative holding a Spider Travel Peru sign at the arrival terminal.
Your briefing will take place the night before your trek. It will be held at our office at 6 or 6:30pm, depending on your confirmation email details. The office is located at Calle Garcilaso 210, office 213 (second floor) in the La CASA DEL ABUELO shopping center.
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE?
Of course! During the Machu Picchu Tour your main luggage can be store at our office or at your hotel, whichever is more convenient for you.
HOW TO BOOK THE MACHU PICCHU TOUR:
FIRST, to book your Machu Picchu Tour, we need you to fill out our booking form by clicking on BOOK NOW on our homepage or click here the link BOOK NOW.
Please be ready with the following information (FROM EACH PARTICIPANT in your group). We cannot purchase an an entrance to Machu Picchu or the train without the following information:
- Personal information (your full name, exactly as on your passport):
- Passport number
- D.OB. (dd / mm / yyyy)
SECOND, we require a deposit of $211.00 USD per person in order to purchase a your entrance to Machu Picchu and train ticket. You can make you deposit by clicking on the VISA or PAYPAL symbols on the top of our home page, or you can click on the VISA or PAYPAL symbols on our booking page.
WHAT ABOUT THE BALANCE?
If you would like to avoid the high credit card fees in Peru, you may pay in cash at our office (US dollars or Peruvian soles) here in Cusco. There are many ATMs within the historical center to withdraw money. You can also pay by VISA or PAYPAL online but you will have to pay a 5.5% service charge, charged by VISA and PAYPAL. To pay your balance through PAYPAL, you need to log into your PAYPAL account using our email address of firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR THE STUDENT DISCOUNT?
- According to Peruvian Law, you must be under 18 years of age at the time of your trek, tour, or visit to Machu Picchu (students 18 & above need student cards). For example: if you book a trek at the age of 17 but you turn 18 before you do your trek, you do not qualify for a student discount.
- All students from 11 to 17 years, the discount is $30 USD.
- For children from the age of 2 to 11, the discount is $40 USD.
- For children from the age of 0 to 2, are free.
- All students must provide a copy of their passport at the time of their booking to get the student discount.
- Send us a copy at:email@example.com
MAY I CHANGE THE DEPARTURE DATE AFTER THE TICKETS HAVE BEEN BOUGHT?
Unfortunately, the answer is No. Once the tickets have been bought the government does not allow any changes, so we can’t change any departure date after the tickets has been bought. Tickets are also not transferable nor refundable. If you cancel your Machu Picchu Tour, the deposit is not refundable at all!
DO I NEED MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT FOR THE MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
Yes! You have to bring your original passport and it is very important that it is the same passport number you sent to us to book your entrance to Machu Picchu, train ticket, other entrances and reservations.
In case you are renewing your passport or changing your name, go ahead and send us your old passport information to secure your permit, and we can change it when you get your new passport number or updated your name for a fee of $25 USD per person. We must have a copy of your old and new passport to make the change.
If you do not wish to pay this fee you will need to bring both passports to Peru with you. You can enter Peru with your new passport but you will need to show both passports, old and new to be to enter into Machu Picchu or the train. If you do not have both you will not be allowed to enter into Machu Picchu or get on the train.
WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE IN THE MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
The weather is very unpredictable and it’s difficult to foresee. We recommend you dress in layers as it will be easier to adjust to the different climates you will encounter. However, it is almost always warmer at Machu Picchu than in Cusco because it is at a lower altitude.
ARE WE DROPPED OFF AT OUR HOTEL AFTER THE MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
Absolutely! Included in our packages is dropping you off at your hotel on the return from your trek or tour. If you have booked your hotel in the Sacred Valley like Ollantaytambo or Urubamba, we will drop you there too!
If you’re happy with the services provided, a tip – though not compulsory – is appreciated. While it may not be customary in your country, it’s of great significance for the people who will take care of you during the tour. It inspires excellent service and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Spider Travel Peru destinations. Of course, you are free to tip more or less as you feel, depending on your perception of the quality and the length of your tour. Remember, a tip is not compulsory and should only be given when you receive excellent service.
ARE YOU SUSTAINABLE?
Yes, we are a local, sustainable & responsible tourism operator that incorporates universal principles of tourism: protect the environment and benefit the local communities by respecting their culture and religion. With this in mind, we have trained all our local staff to know and understand, respect the places and the local people.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING?
- A small daypack with water to drink
- Snacks if you like
- Comfortable shoes or runners
- Rain jacket or poncho
- A fleece or jacket, basic toiletries
- Sun hat, sunscreen, insect repellent
- Passport (Cannot enter Train or Machu Picchu without passport)
- Valid University card if appropriate
- Money for souvenirs
- Only a small carry on suitcase allowed on the train.